And so it begins! Dodge is unveiling the first of seven 2023 special edition models that will mark the end of the Dodge Challenger and Charger, in their current form, as Dodge moves towards electrification with the Daytona SRT Concept.
The first "Last Call' model is the 2023 Dodge Challenger Shakedown. The Shakedown special edition is a tribute to the original Dodge Shakedown Challenger concept shown at SEMA in 2016. It follows the original's theme of a black-and-red interior and exterior that fuses a modern and vintage feel.
Six other special edition Charger and Challenger models will be revealed through September 21, 2022. We'll have to wait until November to see the seventh and final 2023 Dodge model — the very last of its kind. Dodge plans to reveal it at the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas slated for Nov. 1-4, 2022.
2023 Dodge Challenger Shakedown
Dodge says it will only build 1,000 Challenger Shakedown special editions. Here's what the breakdown looks like:
- 500 Dodge Challenger Shakedown R/T Scat Pack (in Destroyer Grey)
- 500 Challenger Shakedown R/T Scat Pack Widebody (in Pitch Black)
Special edition Dodge Challenger Shakedown models will come loaded with the Plus Group, Technology Group, Navigation, Carbon/Suede and Dynamics Package (for Challenger R/T Scat Pack).
Here are some of its unique features:
- Legendary cold-air-grabbing Mopar Shaker hood
- Mopar Shaker intake
- "Shaker" underhood decal
- Red "392" fender graphics
- "Shakedown" spoiler graphic
- Shakedown stripe with red accent
- Black "Challenger" grille badge
- Unique R/T grille badge
- 20-by-9.5-inch Low Gloss Black Slingshot wheels
- 20-by-11-inch Carbon Black Warp Speed wheels (Widebody)
- Red six-piston Brembo brakes
- "Shakedown" instrument panel (IP) badge
- Premium Black Nappa/Alcantara seats with red stitching
- Red interior accent stitching on IP, console, steering wheel, seats
- Demonic Red seatbelts
Dodge says Challenger Shakedown models will be allocated to specific dealerships. It will share pricing and dealer information on DodgeGarage.com when vehicle ordering opens later this fall.
For 2023, Dodge is also bringing back three beloved heritage exterior colors: B5 Blue, Plum Crazy purple and Sublime green. One popular modern color, Destroyer Grey, also returns to the fold. Charger and Challenger will each offer 14 total 2023 exterior color options. 2023 Charger and Challenger R/T models will also feature new "345" fender badging, a callout to the 345-cubic-inch HEMI® engine under the hood.
All 2023 Dodge Charger and Challenger models will also carry a special commemorative "Last Call" under hood plaque which will feature the vehicle name and a vehicle silhouette, as well as "Designed in Auburn Hills" and "Assembled in Brampton" to proclaim each vehicle's origin.
For the 2023 model year, Dodge is also offering popular Jailbreak models for the 717-horsepower Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat.