It's showtime for Toyota as we head towards the Super Bowl. You'll remember last October the automaker announced it had become the Official Automotive Partner of the NFL. Now the automaker is gearing up as an Official Partner of Super Bowl LVIII. That includes recently naming Eli Manning and Brock Purdy as its national partners. Manning will appear in Toyota's Super Bowl ad spot this year:
Toyota did not air a commercial in the game last year for the first time since 2017. The automaker will air a separate spot on the Univision broadcast.
Manning will take on the national programming aspect as well as fan experiences in Las Vegas. Toyota says the deal expands on its longtime relationship with Manning who's served as a brand partner for the Greater New York Toyota Dealer Association since 2004. Purdy signed a deal to appear in Toyota's regional ad efforts in for the Northern California Toyota Dealers prior to the 2023 season. Toyota says the deal will advance the partnership to a national level. Purdy led all NFL players in fan votes for the 2024 Pro Bowl, as he helped lead his team to the top seed in the NFC playoffs before guiding the 49ers to Super Bowl LVIII. The second-year quarterback drives a 2024 Toyota Sequoia SUV.
“We see our comprehensive Super Bowl activation as a way to amplify our NFL partnership. Fans can get closer to the sport they love and we can create experiences and content to help us unveil the exciting new Toyota Tacoma as it begins rolling into dealerships this month.” said Michael Tripp, group vice president, Toyota division marketing. “Our relationship with both Eli and Brock began at the regional marketing level and now we’re proud to have them both along for the ride as national partners.”
Other Toyota Super Bowl activities:
- Toyota will also serve as lead sponsor of "“Super Bowl Experience presented by Toyota”. The fan festival will treat fans to the NFL’s football theme park from Wednesday, February 7 through Saturday, February 10.
- Toyota will also host its own fan game, “Toyota’s 4 Down Territory,” which challenges competitors to navigate past 58,000 footballs to gain a chance at a legendary prize that will unlock VIP access to next year’s Super Bowl [LIX in New Orleans].
- Toyota's custom-built Media Center studio will feature the all-new 2024 Tacoma which arrives in dealerships this month. Toyota will host content with top-rated podcasts “Green Light with Chris Long” and “The Dave Chang Show.” Long is a two-time Super Bowl Champion and a Walter Payton Man of the Year Winner (2018). Additionally, toyota will support preferred charities of NFL players by teaming with Green Light to create a charity challenge that prompts NFL personalities and players to score in a trivia game throughout the week. David Chang is an avid football fan who David Chang is an avid football fan who gained world acclaim as the founder of the Momofuku restaurants and Majordomo Media. He’s the creator and host of Netflix’s “Ugly Delicious” and the streamer’s first live series, “Dinner Time with David Chang”. Chang will team up with Toyota to curate a football-inspired food challenge to his audience in celebration of Lunar New Year.
Additional programming includes hosting a panel on the heritage and future of Latinos in football along with a partnership with fellow NFL partner Frito-Lay.
- “Behind the Tailgate with Toyota:” Toyota will stage a panel discussion on the past, present and future of Latino influence on football featuring panelists Anthony Muñoz (Pro Football Hall of Fame), Diana Flores (Captain and Quarterback of the Mexican Women’s National Flag Football team and Global Flag Ambassador for the NFL & IFAF) and Marissa Solis (NFL, Senior Vice President, Brand & Consumer Marketing).
- Frito-Lay “Chip Strip” Fan promotion: Toyota is riding shotgun with Frito-Lay to bring even more to Las Vegas with an immersive fan experience at the Frito-Lay Chip Strip. Fans in Vegas will have the opportunity to take a seat in the hottest ride on the Strip, feel the love at the Cheetos Chapel, try their luck at the Frito-Lay Snackpot – and more. The all-new 2024 Tacoma will be on display with a one-of-a-kind Doritos-inspired wrap, and one lucky fan, 21+, will have a chance to win the Tacoma as the grand prize by participating in Frito-Lay’s oversized slot machine on February 10. The Frito-Lay Chip Strip is located on the Brooklyn Bridge at New York, New York Hotel & Casino and is open daily from Thursday, February 8 through Sunday, February 11.