Since the Kia Telluride came onto the automotive scene in 2019, we have reviewed it numerous times and we all agree it is a spectacular SUV.
2023 Kia Telluride
Nothing has changed mechanically or structurally since the earlier reviews. It still has the tried-and-true 3.8 V6 and 8-speed regular automatic transmission putting out 291-horses and 262-pound feet of torque.
So instead of the normal review format, I thought it might be fun to look at some of the cool features that have made the Telluride one of the most sought-after SUVs on the market, still to this day. It is very unusual for a vehicle to stay hot this long, and I think one of the reasons is the incredible features.
Here are the 10 different trim levels of the 2023 Telluride. From bottom to top, including the base price:
- LX $35,890
- S $37,790
- EX $41,490
- EX X-Line $45,685
- SX $45,690
- SX X-Line $49,085
- SX X-Pro $50,085
- SX Prestige $50,590
- SX Prestige X-Line $51,985 (pictured below)
- SX Prestige X-Pro $52,985
To try to clear up this somewhat confusing lineup, here is what you should know:
- X-Pro features increased towing capacity with heavy-duty cooling and 18-inch all-terrain tires deliver capability. (Available as SX and SX Prestige trims).
- X-Line comes with torque vectoring all-wheel drive, 20-inch alloy wheels, and self-leveling rear suspension. (Available as EX, SX and SX Prestige trims).
- Prestige trim is the top-of-the-line and features premium interior features, Nappa Leather seat trim, and heated and ventilated 1st- and 2nd-row seats,
- The SX seems to be the most popular and features dual sunroofs, power liftgate, 20” wheels, 12-way power adjustable driver’s seat, navigation, and a 10-speaker Harmon Karden sound system.
2023 Kia Telluride SX Prestige X-Line seats and dashboard:
Cool Features Of The Kia Telluride
As mentioned earlier, Telluride has cool and sometimes unique features. I will outline some of those for you, but remember that not every trim level offers some of these:
- 12.3-inch Dual Panoramic Displays with navigation offers over 24-inches of touchscreen for gauges, entertainment, convenience, settings, and more.
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the skyline with Open Skies Dual Power Sunroofs that create an open and airy driving sensation.
- A Quiet Zone enhanced interior helps keep outside noise from entering the cabin for a more serene driving experience.
- The available Blind-Spot View Monitor can display a live feed of your rear blind spots in your dashboard gauge cluster, temporarily replacing the speedometer and tachometer so you can keep your eyes on the road ahead.
- The available 10” Head-Up Display lets you get a clearer view of your driving performance and certain key vehicle information, including speed and turn-by-turn directions, without taking your eyes off the road. It will also show you if there are vehicles in your blind-spot.
- At the flip of a switch, the available Full Display Digital Rear-View Mirror helps to provide an unobstructed view of the road behind you, even if the vehicle is full of passengers or large objects.
- The Digital Key lets you share your keys virtually with family & friends through the Kia Connect app.
- Remote Start with Climate Control starts your vehicle remotely and sets the cabin temperature before you even step inside.
- Passenger Talk will project the front occupant’s voices to the 3rd-row seat passengers through the radio speakers.
- Quiet Mode mutes all the speakers except those in front in the event passengers in the rear are sleeping.
- Use the Valet mode to protect your personal information and view the vehicle information. Valet mode protects your personal information by disabling control using the screen or buttons. Vehicle information created during valet mode can be viewed from the Kia Access App.
- Safe Exit Assist-After the vehicle stops, when an approaching vehicle from the rear area is detected as soon as a passenger opens a door, Safe Exit Assist will warn the driver with a warning message and an audible warning to help prevent a collision. In addition, when the electronic child safety lock button is in the LOCK position and an approaching vehicle from the rear area is detected, the electronic child safety lock button will not unlock even if the driver presses the button to prevent the rear doors from opening.
- The Rear Occupant Alert system uses ultrasonic sensors to detect motion in the back seats. The ultrasonic sensors can detect movement in a parked car for up to 24 hours after the car has been parked. In addition, when the electronic child safety lock button is in the LOCK position and an approaching vehicle from the rear area is detected, the electronic child safety lock button will not unlock even if the driver presses the button to prevent the rear doors from opening.
2023 Kia Telluride SX Prestige X-Line driver display.
- Leading Vehicle Departure Warning (shown above) is one of my favorite features. If you aren’t paying attention at a light or stop sigh (checking your phone, for example) if the vehicle in front of you takes off, the Telluride will chime and an alert will pop up to tell you the leading vehicle is moving. Probably cuts down on a lot of road rage and horn blowing behind you.
- Lumbar Stabilization has been added for the driver with seat support customization to turn on the seat massager every 30 or 60 minutes to reduce back stress. It can be disabled if you prefer.
The Telluride I am reviewing this week (2/26/2023) is the 2023 SX Prestige X-Line with all-wheel drive in Wolf Gray on the exterior and it is very well equipped with an MSRP of $54,120.
On the safety front, it has forward collision avoidance, blind-spot collision avoidance, cross-traffic alert, parking sensors, rear park collision assist, and adaptive cruise control.
As outlined above, it has 20” wheels, the dual power sunroofs, power liftgate, wireless phone charger, head-up display, heated and cooled front and second-row seats, LED headlights, and a heated steering wheel.
My one regret is unlike its sister the Hyundai Palisade, it does not have a power third-row seat. I will say that although manual, the operation is fast and easy.
The Telluride drives and handles great, it is super quiet inside, and extremely friendly and comfortable to all the occupants. Of course, you also get the 10-year/100,000-mile power train warranty.
It is easy to see why this 7 or 8-passenger SUV remains such a strong seller.
- What I liked most: Value, overall quality and impressive looks.
- What I would change: Supercharge it for those of us with a heavy foot.
- MSRP: $51,875 base price; $54,120 as equipped with transportation.
- Fuel Economy: 18 city/24 highway/21 combined.
- Odometer reading when tested: 1,900 miles.
- Weight: 4,524 pounds, 5,900 pounds GVWR.
- Spare Tire: Temporary Spare.
- Length-Width-Height: 196.9” long/ 78.3” wide/ 70.5” high.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.8 gallons with the filler on the driver's side.
- Official Color: Wolf Gray.
- Towing Capacity: 5,500 pounds.
2023 Telluride in a few words: An incredible SUV and even more incredible value.
- Warranty: 5-year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper with roadside assistance, and 10-years/100,000 miles of powertrain coverage.
- Final Assembly Location: West Point, Georgia.
- Manufacturer's Website: Kia